The BUCS Wild Water Race is an annual inter-university canoeing race held on the River Washburn. There is a classic time-trial race on the Saturday and a sprint time-trial on the Sunday. The event is organised by The Friends of Durham University Canoe Club.
2014 RaceThe 2014 BUCS Wild Water Race will be on the 21st to 23rd November on the Washburn. We look forward to seeing many of you there.
2014 Event Summary:
- Dates: 21st to 23rd November 2014
- Venue: River Washburn, North Yorkshire
- Camping: Thornthwaite Scout Campsite.
- Food: A meal is provided on the Saturday evening
- Party: The party theme is TBC, but there will be a cheap bar as usual!
- Online Entries are done via BUCScore not via this website.
- All classic events will run on Saturday between 9.00 and 16.00
- All sprint events will run on Sunday between 10.00 and 13.00
- There will be no formal start list - universities will have to take responsibility for organising themselves in the given time windows
- The gap between competitors will be about 30 seconds
- The campsite must be cleared by 9.30 on Sunday, any property left on the site after 10.00 will be disposed of.
- Bibs should be retained on Saturday night for re-use on Sunday in the sprints - please see the bib list at the weekend for details