Join our Facebook group to receive updates
2013 RaceThe 2013 BUCS WWR will be on the 23rd and 24th November on the Washburn. We look forward to seeing many of you there.
This website tells you everything you need to know for the BUCS 2013 WWR event. Many of the important changes are also summarised below, but if you can't find what you're looking for then please contact us.
2013 Event Summary:
- Dates: 23rd & 24th November 2013
- Venue: River Washburn, North Yorkshire
- Camping: Thornthwaite Scout Campsite. Saturday evening meal is also provided
- Party: The party theme is TBC but as usual there will be a cheap bar!
- Online Entries are via BUCScore, not via this website.
- All classic events will run on Saturday between 9.00 and 16.00
- All sprint events will run on Sunday between 10.00 and 13.00
- There will be no formal start list - universities will have to take responsibility for organising themselves in the given time windows
- The gap between competitors will be about 30 seconds
- The campsite must be cleared by 9.30 on Sunday, any property left on the site after 10.00 will be disposed of.
- Bibs should be retained on Saturday night for re-use on Sunday in the sprints - please see the bib list at the weekend for details
Things you need to know:
- Camping will again be at Thornthwaite Scout Campsite - a couple of miles away from the Washburn with hot showers and proper toilets! More details...
- There is no restriction on the number of events that you can enter however please check the rule for more details ....
- The main course will finishes above the road bridge where much better facilities are available.
- A clockwise one way system will be operating around the site for all competitors and spectators. From the top of the course vehicles will turn right and go over the dam. This one way system will reduce congestion and make life easier for everyone.
- With a bit of luck we'll also have live results streaming at the top of the course